Fairhaven Health Organic Maca Fertility Supplement
Maca for Fertility
Often referred to as an Incan superfood, Maca is a cruciferous plant native to the mountainous regions of Peru. It has been used for centuries as a folk remedy thought to benefit libido and energy levels.
Maca’s relevance to fertility can be traced back to Incan times when farmers made the connection between their herd’s consumption of the Maca plant and increased fertility rates. Fast forward several hundred years and Maca is still considered by many as a potent, yet safe, fertility-enhancing herb with relevance for both women and men.
Maca and Male Fertility
One study examined the effects of Maca supplementation in men for a period of four months. At the conclusion of the test period, significant increases in sperm count, motility, and semen volume were observed. Animal studies with Maca have also indicated that it may benefit overall sperm health and encourage healthy spermatogenesis (sperm production). Many people also believe that men may experience an increase in sexual desire and function when taking Maca.
Maca and Female Fertility
It is thought that Maca’s benefit to female fertility comes from its ability to restore hormonal balance. In particular, it is believed that Maca may help suppress estrogen dominance and encourage a favorable estrogen/progesterone balance conducive to achieving pregnancy. Many women also report an increase in libido and sexual function when taking Maca.
- Each bottle contains 60 vegetarian capsules of 500mg Maca powder – a two-month supply
- May be taken in conjunction with all other Fairhaven Health male and female fertility supplements
- Contains only the highest quality, completely organic Maca root powder
- May help increase sperm count, motility, and semen volume in men
- May help normalize hormonal imbalance in women and encourage a favorable estrogen/progesterone ratio for achieving pregnancy
- May increase libido and improve sexual function in both women and men
- Made in the USA from domestic and imported ingredients and manufactured in a GMP-certified facility