- Supports normal blood formation
- Supports normal function of the immune system
- Supports normal cell division
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Folic acid, also known as Folate, is a B vitamin which helps form building blocks of DNA, and building blocks of RNA, needed for protein synthesis in all cells. Therefore, rapidly growing tissues, such as that of a foetus, and rapidly regenerating cells, like red blood cells and immune cells, have a high need for folic acid. Folic acid deficiency results in a form of anaemia that responds quickly to folic acid supplementation.
The B vitamin Folic Acid is an important vitamin for everyone. Folic acid works with Vitamin B12 to form healthy red blood cells.
In women’s health, Folic Acid has become synonymous with conception and early pregnancy. In fact it’s especially important in foetal development and governments worldwide recommend Folic Acid supplementation at 400mcg per day.
- maternal tissue growth during pregnancy
- reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- normal immune system health